Posted to ecs-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au> on 2001/10/30 15:48:32 UTC

Plans?

Hi BCEL team,

Not sure how many of us are subscribed. I have been having a quick look
through the code and comparing to something similar I wrote a while ago.
I did some things differently and it may be interesting to kick those
around a bit. Let me know if you want to have that discussion. I need to
"live" in the code a bit more anyway.

Is there a preferred coding standard? I notice the code uses tabs which
some Jakarta projects are moving away from. I'd vote to do that here too
but others may have different opinions. The same goes for if statements
without blocks. So, do we want to consider getting some standard in place?

Finally, what about a release plan? I thought it might be good to get a
1.0 release done to establish a baseline BCEL release and let other
subprojects adopt it pretty quickly.

So, hi to all and hope its not out of order to discuss these issues at
this time.

Conor

Re: Plans?

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@zenplex.com>.
On 10/30/01 9:48 AM, "Conor MacNeill" <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au> wrote:

> Hi BCEL team,
>
> Not sure how many of us are subscribed. I have been having a quick look
> through the code and comparing to something similar I wrote a while ago.
> I did some things differently and it may be interesting to kick those
> around a bit. Let me know if you want to have that discussion. I need to
> "live" in the code a bit more anyway.
>
> Is there a preferred coding standard? I notice the code uses tabs which
> some Jakarta projects are moving away from.

Whoops. That's my fault, I should have removed them before importing the
sources. I can convert them and re-import the sources if the tabs are
present. They shouldn't be. I think tabs are bad.

> I'd vote to do that here too
> but others may have different opinions. The same goes for if statements
> without blocks. So, do we want to consider getting some standard in place?

I'm for leaving the style as Markus is the author of most of the source
files. I'm for proper blocks, but those can be fixed as we go.

> Finally, what about a release plan? I thought it might be good to get a
> 1.0 release done to establish a baseline BCEL release and let other
> subprojects adopt it pretty quickly.

I just wanted to get the xdocs sorted out than I believe that Markus wanted
to release a 5.0.

> So, hi to all and hope its not out of order to discuss these issues at
> this time.

Nope, not at all :-)

> Conor

jvz.