Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Andreas Schiffler <as...@home.com> on 2000/10/17 23:40:40 UTC

Similar scripts in different directories

Hi there,

quick question regarding script concurrency with mod_perl.

If I have the same script name in different directories, will mod_perl
treat them differently and can they be used concurrently?

i.e. I have a production version and a development version of help.pm
which gets called by help.pl by mod_perl. The code differs and they are
in different directories. Can the two instances of help.pl
(/production/help.pl and /devel/help.pl) be used at the same time
without interfering with each other?

Regards
Andreas

--
|  Andreas Schiffler                    aschiffler@home.com  |
|  Senior Systems Engineer    -    Deskplayer Inc., Buffalo  |

Re: Similar scripts in different directories

Posted by Gunther Birznieks <gu...@extropia.com>.
If the script is a module then no.

If the script is a script being loaded by something else like
Apache::Registry, there is code in Apache::Registry to mangle the namespace
of the script so it appears to be different from a script of the same name
running at a different URL.

However, there is no such logic for the modules or libraries that are
loaded. If this is your issue you need to read the Mod_Perl Guide by Stas
which I believe has a section on this... maybe look for %INC issues.