Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by gopal123 <go...@tcs.com> on 2010/05/18 11:49:38 UTC

Account Locking facility in ofbiz

Hi.........
Is there any account locking facility in ofbiz?
Actually i want that if a user enters invalid login credentials for more
than thrice the account should  be locked.How can i achieve this?Please help
me out...............
Thanks in advance.

Re: Account Locking facility in ofbiz

Posted by Vikas Mayur <vi...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
On May 19, 2010, at 10:42 AM, gopal123 wrote:

> Thanks a lot Vikas for your co-operation.Actually my account is
> getting
> locked after 3 unsuccessful attempts,

This is the default setting for property max.failed.logins in
security.properties file so this is fine, but of course you can change
it as your custom needs.

> but no messages are displaying like
> "Your account has been locked."

If you are testing this on OOTB application then it should be coming
fine but if you are using custom implementation then you should first
check your application decorator screen

Looks to me that you have not included the template that renders
events and error messages.

Refer to screen for an example to build your decorator screen -
specialpurpose/ecommerce/widget/CommonScreens.xml#main-decorator

> Also there is no alert message like "You
> have x no. of chances left" are displaying.

This feature does not exists in OFBiz but it should not be difficult
to implement it.

The successive failed attempts of login are saved in the UserLogin
entity and you can probably use that counter to show this message on
this screen.

May be you can consider to contribute it back to the project if you
are really going to work on this thing.

> So can you help me out how to
> achieve this or is this present in ofbiz.

HTH

Regards
Vikas

Posted by gopal123 <go...@tcs.com>.
Thanks a lot Vikas for your co-operation.Actually my account is getting
locked after 3 unsuccessful attempts,but no messages are displaying like
"Your account has been locked." Also there is no alert message like "You
have x no. of chances left" are displaying.So can you help me out how to
achieve this or is this present in ofbiz.Thanks in advance.
Regards
Gopal

Re: Account Locking facility in ofbiz

Posted by Vikas Mayur <vi...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
This feature do exists in OFBiz.

Please refer to following property in file framework/security/config/
security.properties

> # -- disable the account for this many minutes (if 0, then
> indefinate) --
> login.disable.minutes=5

Regards
Vikas