Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Juan Alvarado <ja...@manduca.com> on 2002/03/28 22:53:14 UTC

errors tag

Does anyone know why in Struts 1.02 when using the <html:errors/> tag, any
error that gets added to the ActionErrors object is displayed in the
following format:

null
"message string" null

An example would be as follows

The html output of my errors tag in Struts 1.02 would yield the following
when a user leaves a text field blank:

<ul>
null
	<li>Su búsqueda no devolvio resultados null
</ul>

With Struts 1.0:

<ul>
	<li>Su búsqueda no devolvio resultados
</ul>

I apologize about the spanish bit, it's a straight copy and paste from our
app.

Thanks in advance

Juan Alvarado
Internet Developer -- Manduca Management
(786)552-0504
jalvarado@manduca.com
AOL Instant Messenger: juan2000@aol.com

Re: errors tag

Posted by Steven Dahlin <sd...@hotmail.com>.
Yes, you need to set the a couple of elements in your properties file.  They
are errors.header and errors.footer.  You are seeing null because the tag
will default to null if these are not set.

errors.header = <whatever you want>
errors.footer = <same>

If you want anything else,

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

RE: errors tag

Posted by srinivas <sv...@intensit.de>.
hi,

the reason is that errors tag looks for errors.header,errors.footer
properties.

the first null is because of errors.header
last one is because of the errors.footer

regards,
srinivas.