Posted to dev@beehive.apache.org by Eddie ONeil <ek...@gmail.com> on 2005/08/18 16:57:57 UTC

beehive 1.0 release status

All--

  Just to update where it seems that we are relative to shipping a
Beehive 1.0 release.

- there are four open JIRA bugs, one of which is blocking:
    http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEEHIVE-872
- there is one JIRA issue that we should probably fix:
    http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEEHIVE-881
because this one changes one of the NetUI annotation processor options
- personally, I'd like to finish some documentation on the Ant build
macros, the project model, and the NetUI data grid.  Any others have
documentation things to finish before voting on 1.0?

  One note on BEEHIVE-872, this is a licensing issue with the JSR 173
API JAR that was brought up in the XMLBeans dev@ list.  Apparently,
there are concerns about the license of this JAR file which XMLBeans
requires and ships -- link to the thread here:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/xmlbeans-dev/200507.mbox/%3c53429.194.100.135.11.1122456275.squirrel@mail.hallfors.com%3e

Beehive bundles this JAR as well.  In the interest of preventing
license issues, we should probably wait and see the conclusion of this
discussion before shipping 1.0 with jsr173_1.0_api.jar bundled.  If I
see a change in status on the dev@xmlbeans.apache.org list, I'll
update that here.

  Other than the couple of bugs, doc tasks, and JSR 173 issues, I
think we're pretty close.  if it takes too much longer, we can just
cut a 1.0 branch and open trunk/ back up for continuing development
work.

  Comments welcome...

Eddie

Re: beehive 1.0 release status

Posted by Rich Feit <ri...@gmail.com>.
I've actually got a bunch of doc I'd like to do, but I think most of it
will fit within any timeframe that seems possible at this point.

I agree about the XMLBeans issue.

Rich