Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Per Lindberg <pe...@implior.com> on 2004/12/22 15:02:29 UTC

How can I set up access via svn+ssh on Windows?

I have tried to run the svn command-line client (e.g. svn co)
on Windows, using svn+ssh:// as access method. But I can't get
it to work.

For example, I try:

  > svn co svn+ssh://example.com/var/subversion/foo/trunk foo

I get an error message saying either "access denied" or
"file not found" (in Swedish, so these are guessed wordings).

I have tried various values of the environment variable SVN_SSH,
but nothing works.

Accessing the repository using https:// works fine.
I also have TortoiseSVN installed, and it works nicely using svn+ssh://
It is configured with the 'SSH client' value:

   C:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN\bin\TortoisePlink.exe -l per -pw <password>

Setting SVN_SSH to this value does not help. (Using forward slashes
in the file path gives another error message...)

Can TortoisePlink be used at all with the command-line client?
Or must I use e.g. the PuTTY plink.exe program? I have tried
that too, without success.

I have googled around a bit, and this seems to be an FAQ without
a clear answer.

In other words: exactly what setup should be made to use the svn
command-line client on Windows with svn+ssh://
(both with and without TortoisePlink)?

Cheers,
Per Lindberg

Re: SV: How can I set up access via svn+ssh on Windows?

Posted by Anthony Metcalf <an...@anferny.ath.cx>.
On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 16:17:55 +0100
"Per Lindberg" <pe...@implior.com> wrote:

> Right, my problem is not to run a SubVersion server,
> but to access it using the svn command-line client on
> Windows, with a minimum of trouble or extra stuff
> (such as Cygwin)
>
> Per

I use svn with the plink.exe program that is part of putty.

There is a registry setting in windows, attached is my registry setting,
you  would need to alter acordingly.

I also use pagent, and my ssh access keys, as well as putty from a flash
drive, so I don't get password prompts more than once a day either. Very
useful for svn.

SV: How can I set up access via svn+ssh on Windows?

Posted by Per Lindberg <pe...@implior.com>.

Posted by Kevin Williams <ke...@bantamtech.com>.