Posted to l10n@openoffice.apache.org by "Marco A.G.Pinto" <ma...@mail.telepac.pt> on 2015/07/10 00:16:21 UTC

AOO 5.0 - Portuguese dictionary pre- and -post reform

Hello!

I was on Freenode IRC in the LibreOffice channels suggesting them to
implement an ODT property for the Portuguese dictionaries in order to
accept pre- and post- reform, so that later, when it becomes official,
AOO would have to implement it as well.

They told me that it depends on the BCP 47 language tags (not supported
by AOO) and there was a special site for it:
http://langtag.net

Then, they found it was already there ("Updated Mon 8 Jun 2015"):
http://r12a.github.io/apps/subtags/ -> search for pt-ao1990 -> returns
valid subtag/variant

If we expand "show notes" - it shows that it was updated on June 8th,
2015 (the channel operator said: "assume updated = newly created in this
case").

The post-reform is based on the language agreement of 1990.

Could someone implement this into AOO 5.0?

Then, instead of two OXTs with the pt_PT dictionaries we could probably
have just one with both variants, just like we have for the English
dictionaries.

Thanks!

Kind regards,