Posted to dev@lucenenet.apache.org by Jason Ramsey <ra...@snapstream.com> on 2011/03/01 05:21:17 UTC

[Lucene.Net] Lucene.Net Benchmark Project

I'm not sure if I should post this on the dev mailing list or the user
mailing list, but I thought I'd try on dev first and see how it goes.  I've
been working on a port of the Lucene Benchmark tool to .NET, and am making
it available as an open source project at
http://code.google.com/p/lucene-net-benchmark/.  It is in serious alpha
phase at the moment (there are several features that we didn't need at work,
so I'm starting to port those features over on my own time).  For those that
haven't looked into it, it's a great tool for testing out different Lucene
settings and custom coding to determine what's giving you the best
performance.  I'll continue to update it if people find it useful.  I look
forward to everyone's feedback.

--

Jason (Jay) Ramsey
SnapStream.com