Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Nathan Coast <na...@codeczar.com> on 2003/12/10 09:41:50 UTC

multiproject home page

Hi,

should it be possible to generate an index page with sub-project descriptions
when doing a multiproject:site.

In the parent project of the multiproject I added this to the xdocs/index.xml

     #foreach ($reactorProject in $reactorProjects)
href="${aggregateDir}${reactorProject.artifactId}/index.htmlComponent">${reactorProject.name}</a></td>
     #end

I was hoping I'd get a list of sub-projects and descriptions in the same way as
the navigation.xml is generated.  The output was a little disapointing

  Component  	          Description
${reactorProject.name} 	${reactorProject.description}

I am I doing something wrong or is this not possible atm?

cheers
Nathan

Re: multiproject home page

Posted by Jeffrey Bonevich <je...@bonevich.com>.
with the exception of navigation,xml, but that one is a "special case"
AFAIK.

jeff

dion@multitask.com.au wrote:
> btw, xdocs aren't run through velocity.
> --
> dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
> Blog:      http://blogs.codehaus.org/people/dion/
>

> Nathan Coast <na...@codeczar.com> wrote on 10/12/2003 07:41:50 PM:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>should it be possible to generate an index page with sub-project
>
> descriptions
>
>>when doing a multiproject:site.
>>
>>In the parent project of the multiproject I added this to the
>
> xdocs/index.xml

>>     #foreach ($reactorProject in $reactorProjects)
>>href="${aggregateDir}${reactorProject.artifactId}/index.
>>htmlComponent">${reactorProject.name}</a></td>
>>     #end
>>

>>I was hoping I'd get a list of sub-projects and descriptions in the same
>
> way as
>
>>the navigation.xml is generated.  The output was a little disapointing
>>
>>  Component               Description
>>${reactorProject.name}    ${reactorProject.description}
>>
>>I am I doing something wrong or is this not possible atm?
>>
>>cheers
>>Nathan

jeff bonevich
mailto: jeff@bonevich.com

Arthur C. Clarke

build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying
to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."
Rich Cook

"All programmers are playwrights and all computers are lousy actors."
Unknown

Re: multiproject home page

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.
btw, xdocs aren't run through velocity.
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting

Nathan Coast <na...@codeczar.com> wrote on 10/12/2003 07:41:50 PM:

> Hi,
>
> should it be possible to generate an index page with sub-project
descriptions
> when doing a multiproject:site.
>
> In the parent project of the multiproject I added this to the
xdocs/index.xml

>      #foreach ($reactorProject in $reactorProjects)
> href="${aggregateDir}${reactorProject.artifactId}/index.
> htmlComponent">${reactorProject.name}</a></td>
>      #end
>

> I was hoping I'd get a list of sub-projects and descriptions in the same
way as
> the navigation.xml is generated.  The output was a little disapointing
>
>   Component               Description
> ${reactorProject.name}    ${reactorProject.description}
>
> I am I doing something wrong or is this not possible atm?
>
> cheers
> Nathan

Re: multiproject home page

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.
Do you mean the 'overview page'?

It's not well documented, but see the properties page of the multiproject
plugin for details on the properties to include, and use:

    <report>maven-multiproject-plugin</report>