Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com> on 2013/03/22 17:35:48 UTC

Re: [totally OT] Tomcat Behavior on Multiple HTTP requests from same browser

Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>> From: Jeffrey Janner [mailto:Jeffrey.Janner@PolyDyne.com]
>> Subject: RE: [a bit, but not totally OT] Tomcat Behavior on Multiple HTTP requests from same browser
>
>>> You would need a fairly large, and well-disciplined team of pigeons to
>>> do that though. I don't think that this was a good metaphor, You should
>>> have chosen a bigger bird and/or a smaller load. Eagles and tennis
>>> balls maybe ?
>
>> Or swallows and coconuts.
>
> Someone had to bring that up.  African or European?
>
> I think we can remove the "not" from the subject line now...

Done.
This all reminds me of this (locally) well-known Belgian bird : the oye-oye-oye bird.
For those who don't know the species :
It is a very strong, sturdy bird. Rather bad-tempered too, you shouldn't mess with it.
It is a bit the bird-equivalent of the Belgian horse really.
It has a big round head, with a strong beak, say oh a good 5 inches wide and 7 inches
long.  A really strong beak, he can crush nuts or bones with it.
Then it has very strong wings too, strong enough to lift a small sheep for instance (or a
bowling ball for that matter).
And tough feathers, you can make brooms with them.
And also rather short, but very strong sturdy legs; like 2 inches thick and 2 inches long.
And then its balls, no kidding, they are the size of coconuts.
And each time it lands, it goes "oye oye oye".

Re: [totally OT] Tomcat Behavior on Multiple HTTP requests from same browser

Posted by Mark Eggers <it...@yahoo.com>.
On 3/22/2013 9:35 AM, André Warnier wrote:
> Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>>> From: Jeffrey Janner [mailto:Jeffrey.Janner@PolyDyne.com] Subject:
>>> RE: [a bit, but not totally OT] Tomcat Behavior on Multiple HTTP
>>> requests from same browser

>>> Or swallows and coconuts.
>>
>> Someone had to bring that up.  African or European?
>>
>> I think we can remove the "not" from the subject line now...
>>
> Done.
> This all reminds me of this (locally) well-known Belgian bird : the
> oye-oye-oye bird.
> For those who don't know the species :
> It is a very strong, sturdy bird. Rather bad-tempered too, you shouldn't
> mess with it.
> It is a bit the bird-equivalent of the Belgian horse really.
> It has a big round head, with a strong beak, say oh a good 5 inches wide
> and 7 inches long.  A really strong beak, he can crush nuts or bones
> with it.
> Then it has very strong wings too, strong enough to lift a small sheep
> for instance (or a bowling ball for that matter).
> And tough feathers, you can make brooms with them.
> And also rather short, but very strong sturdy legs; like 2 inches thick
> and 2 inches long.
> And then its balls, no kidding, they are the size of coconuts.
> And each time it lands, it goes "oye oye oye".

Sounds very much like the African oomy-goomie bird.

There's a rugby song about that - something about going off to see a
wild west show . . . elephants and kangaroos.

Looks like at least one subspecies migrated north.

/mde/

Re: [totally OT] Tomcat Behavior on Multiple HTTP requests from same browser

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

André,

On 3/22/13 12:35 PM, André Warnier wrote:
> Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>>> From: Jeffrey Janner [mailto:Jeffrey.Janner@PolyDyne.com]
>>> Subject: RE: [a bit, but not totally OT] Tomcat Behavior on
>>> Multiple HTTP requests from same browser

>>> Or swallows and coconuts.
>>
>> Someone had to bring that up.  African or European?
>>
>> I think we can remove the "not" from the subject line now...
>>
> Done. This all reminds me of this (locally) well-known Belgian bird
> : the oye-oye-oye bird. For those who don't know the species : It
> is a very strong, sturdy bird. Rather bad-tempered too, you
> shouldn't mess with it. It is a bit the bird-equivalent of the
> Belgian horse really. It has a big round head, with a strong beak,
> say oh a good 5 inches wide and 7 inches long.  A really strong
> beak, he can crush nuts or bones with it. Then it has very strong
> wings too, strong enough to lift a small sheep for instance (or a
> bowling ball for that matter). And tough feathers, you can make
> brooms with them. And also rather short, but very strong sturdy
> legs; like 2 inches thick and 2 inches long. And then its balls, no
> kidding, they are the size of coconuts. And each time it lands, it
> goes "oye oye oye".

That sounds absolutely terrifying. A 7-inch-long beak that's 5-inches
wide? That's like an oil tunnel for a car.

I don't even want to hear about the Belgian Horse...

- -chris