Posted to dev@jclouds.apache.org by Everett Toews <ev...@RACKSPACE.COM> on 2013/08/07 05:47:33 UTC

How to Contribute Documentation

Hi All,

I would very much like to see our community grow, in part, through contribution. One of the quickest and easiest ways people can contribute is through documentation. Fix a spelling error, update a step in a guide, correct a link, or provide new documentation altogether. Each and every one of us is responsible for good doc.

To that end I've tried to lower the barrier as much as possible to allow anyone to contribute documentation. You can now edit and review change to the jclouds.incubator.apache.org site entirely within your web browser. The instructions to do so are at

https://wiki.apache.org/jclouds/How%20to%20Contribute%20Documentation

The steps can be summed up as:

1. Find
2. Edit
3. Commit
4. Wait
5. Review
5.1. Update
6. Done

I hope you find this useful and I hope it encourages you to contribute documentation!

If you run into any problems with the process, don't hesitate to let us know.

Thanks,
Everett