Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Geoff Toogood <ge...@allotz.com> on 2009/06/02 02:51:39 UTC

Re: Problems with SetEnv and Alias

Perrin Harkins wrote:
> On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 2:30 AM, Geoff Toogood <ge...@allotz.com> wrote:
>
>> I have a <VirtualHost> directive which incorporates a mod_perl
>> PerlTransHandler. This VirtualHost block of the config also has some Alias
>> and SetEnv directives defined.
>>
>> The PerlTransHandler module behaves correctly and works well but it seems
>> that when I execute a PHP document under this VirtualHost I lose the
>> $_SERVER (%ENV in perl) variables and Alias settings I have set in the
>> Apache VirtualHost block of my config.
>>

> That should work.  Can you try it with a simple CGI script, to see if
> the PHP config is the problem?
>
> - Perrin

I just thought respond to this and say that it worked fine with a Perl
CGI script. I did manage to get things working for PHP in the end. I was
using <VirtualHost *:80> in the VirtualHost section (along with
NameVirtualHost *:80), as soon as I changed this and defined an IP
address instead of * (effectively making it not use NameVirtualHost) it
worked!!

That was not really a solution for me because it means I need to have a
separate IP address for each of these VirtualHost sections I may want to
add Alias' or set ENV variables in the config :oS Anyone know why that
might be? (I know it is not really a modperl related question, more of
an apache question so feel free to ignore it :o)  FYI I have a standard
debian linux setup running apache2 and modperl.

Thanks for all your help guys.

Geoff T

--
Kind regards,
Geoff T

*Geoff Toogood*
Analyst / Programmer & System Administration

a: Level 5, 128 Bundall Rd, Bundall QLD 4217, Australia
t: +61 7 5574 0681   f: +61 7 5574 0932
e: geoff@allotz.com
w: www.allotz.com

Allotz is a proud member of the following associations...

Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International - Asian
American Hotel Owners Association - American Hotel & Lodging Association
- The OpenTravel Alliance

Allotz.com limited - Seriously Smart Travel Technology