Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Jim Marino <jm...@myromatours.com> on 2007/02/13 23:25:44 UTC

Fwd: svn commit: r507258

> Log:
> make the test domain name configurable

Hi,

I was just curious how you see the test domain configuration being
used. Sounds like it is the right thing to do since other runtimes
will need to allow it but I was wondering if there is something else
to it as well.

Jim

Re: svn commit: r507258

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org>.
On Feb 13, 2007, at 2:25 PM, Jim Marino wrote:

>> Log:
>> make the test domain name configurable
>>
> Hi,
>
> I was just curious how you see the test domain configuration being
> used. Sounds like it is the right thing to do since other runtimes
> will need to allow it but I was wondering if there is something
> else to it as well.

For now I was just making it configurable rather than hard-coding it
in the mojo. Writing the ComponentContext itest I realized I needed
to know the domain name and I figured that if users needed to know it
they would probably want to set it at some point :-)

In the future though I think this might be needed for testing in a
federated environment - rather than running in a local domain, the
tests might want to join an existing domain and use some centralized
test services. In that case, the user will definitely want to set
this :-)

--
Jeremy