Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Omar Didi <od...@Cyveillance.com> on 2005/04/01 00:00:46 UTC

RE: error when query contains numbers

I have used luke to look inside the index and i haven't found any numbers except for the fields that were indexed as keywords. i have used the AnalyzerDemo class in LIA, I got the following output:

Analyzing "welcome to the year 2005 yahoo123"
  WhitespaceAnalyzer:
    [welcome] [to] [the] [year] [2005] [yahoo123]

  SimpleAnalyzer:
    [welcome] [to] [the] [year] [yahoo]

  StopAnalyzer:
    [welcome] [year] [yahoo]

  StandardAnalyzer:
    [welcome] [year] [2005] [yahoo123]

  CyAnalyzer:
    [year] [2005] [yahoo123]
the analyzer I am using doesn t discard numbers but I can t find them. any ideas??

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
On Mar 31, 2005, at 5:00 PM, Omar Didi wrote:
>   CyAnalyzer:
>     [year] [2005] [yahoo123]
> the analyzer I am using doesn t discard numbers but I can t find them.
> any ideas??

If that is the analyzer you are using for indexing and you are using a
tokenized field type then those tokens will be indexed as you see
there.

My only theory now is that you've got something misconfigured.  Back up
and index a very simple single document index to the filesystem and
check it out with Luke.  Send us that indexing code if you do not see
numbers there.

	Erik