Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Pete Laurina <pl...@federatedmedia.net> on 2013/10/10 00:42:11 UTC

PHP client for Kafka .8

We are upgrading to Kafka .8 and have discovered we have broken our
brethren developers over in the PHP world of our shop.  Does anyone know if
there's an impending release of the PHP client for .8 before we go off and
try to build a rounder wheel (or create proxy via Java that they can submit
to instead)

-Pete

Re: PHP client for Kafka .8

Posted by Pete Laurina <pl...@federatedmedia.net>.
Thanks guys.
Since we have some time constraints we are going with a Java based REST
endpoint within our already existing API to act as a proxy for the message.
 Since it's a low volume of messages coming from our PHP side to kafka we
are willing to accept the additional overhead of doubling the network
communication that it'll produce, especially with it all being within the
same LAN.

Re: PHP client for Kafka .8

Posted by Joe Stein <cr...@gmail.com>.

Re: PHP client for Kafka .8