Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Nitin Shah <ns...@btisystems.com> on 2012/05/11 22:41:02 UTC

Info

Hi ,

I am trying to understand and I cannot find the answer in any places I have looked at. Can someone answer the following:

1.       If we have a multiple card system and there are local qpidd C++ brokers that are to be run on each card. If each broker starts up independently, do they find out about each other automatically if there is network connectivity between all the cards ( I mean IP connectivity)?  Can you elaborate on how this works if possible ( I tried to look at the AMQP standard to see if I can work it out).

2.       If a message is sent to a particular client queue, is my assumption right when I say that only the addressed client get the message and no other broker is sent the same message? In other words, no broadcasting/multicasting is taking place.

Thanks

Nitin

[cid:image001.png@01CD2F92.F8E0DFB0]

RE: Info

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
It depends on what you want to do. You might want to explore the concepts
of federation and clustering in
http://qpid.apache.org/books/trunk/AMQP-Messaging-Broker-CPP-Book/html/ch0
1.html#section-Running-a-Qpid-CPP-Broker

-Steve

RE: Info

Posted by Nitin Shah <ns...@btisystems.com>.
Thanks Steve.