Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Leonardo Secci <le...@unirel.com> on 2007/01/24 17:25:24 UTC

Amavisd-new systemwide and SA with user_pref and bayes DB

Hi,

I'm testing a Mail Server with sendmail+maildrop, and I'd like to include
antivirus+antispam features.

I'd like the system checks spam in incoming and outgoing messages so I need a
systemwide configuration for SA. I installed amavisd-new as a milter
(amavisd-new-milter) that performs antivirus check and systemwide spam check
with SA.

To use antispam efficiently, I'd like the system checks bayes rules and
optional user_pref settings also when the MDA (maildrop) delivers the message
in mailbox.

Can I configure the SA executed by MDA to start from the spam score obtained
from the systemwide SA to minimize rule checking?

Thank you in advice.

I'm using SA 3.1.6 issued with SuSE SLES

--

Leonardo

Re: Amavisd-new systemwide and SA with user_pref and bayes DB

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Jan 24, 2007 at 05:25:24PM +0100, Leonardo Secci wrote:
> Can I configure the SA executed by MDA to start from the spam score obtained
> from the systemwide SA to minimize rule checking?

No.  SA is designed specifically to only be run once on a message.

--
Randomly Selected Tagline:
Gunpowder and alcohol DO mix - but it tastes awful!