Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Rasputin <ra...@idoru.mine.nu> on 2003/01/04 15:05:42 UTC

timestamps in catalina.out ?

I know it's technically System.err, but is there a way to add
timestamps to it? Sorry if it'sa FAQ, I think I'm seeing problems in
the threading code and this would help confirm or deny it.

Re: timestamps in catalina.out ?

Posted by Paul Yunusov <py...@rogers.com>.
On Saturday 04 January 2003 09:05 am, Rasputin wrote:
> I know it's technically System.err, but is there a way to add
> timestamps to it? Sorry if it'sa FAQ, I think I'm seeing problems in
> the threading code and this would help confirm or deny it.

log4j will do that for you. You just need to set the appender to console and
define the timestamp format.
Paul