Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Anto Paul <an...@gmail.com> on 2004/09/23 15:09:34 UTC

Re: [OT] Handling JDBC transactions

Simulating real world is a QA fellows job. I write code, foresee any
bugs that it may have, write tests for it, run tests using Ant, deploy
to Tomcat(copy files) and test. Only JSP pages one need to test using
a container with every change for- for the visual layout.

rgds
Anto Paul

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 09:02:06 -0400, Shapira, Yoav <yo...@mpi.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> >Cactus is in-container testing(I assume). Takes time. I want to test
> code
> >as
> >I write it.  Already the development time for deploying an application
> is
> >high because of having a different source directory than web
> application
> >directory and of Ant.
>
> Good luck.  If you want to have tests that simulate real-world
> conditions, not just simple unit tests, you'll wake up to things like
> Cactus soon enough ;)  Or maybe create your own framework for testing
> code as you write it complete with the plumbing required.
>
> Yoav
>
> This e-mail, including any attachments, is a confidential business communication, and may contain information that is confidential, proprietary and/or privileged.  This e-mail is intended only for the individual(s) to whom it is addressed, and may not be saved, copied, printed, disclosed or used by anyone else.  If you are not the(an) intended recipient, please immediately delete this e-mail from your computer system and notify the sender.  Thank you.

To strive,to seek,to find and not to yield