Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Seth Weiner <se...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/26 22:31:24 UTC

control regionserver name registration

We’ve setup an HBase cluster on EC2 manually (we need to evaluate it
on Solaris, thus not using the prepacked AMIs).  We’d like to be able
to connect to the HBase instance remotely from dev machines, however,
when the regionservers register with the HBase-managed ZK node, they
register with their internal ec2 ip address.  As a result, when our
remote client consults ZK to find a regionserver to talk to, it can
never actually connect because it has the internal cluster ip.  Is
there a way to control or override the regionserver name registration
so that ZK will report a dns name rather than an IP?  I don’t mind
per-regionserver configuration if that’s what it takes to make it
work.

Thanks for your help,

Seth Weiner
Comcast Interactive Media