Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Thomas Hofer <th...@scch.at> on 2001/09/05 19:22:48 UTC

get xml-file into a xsp

hi! i am a new user, but i read all messages since i am subscribed
(01-08-27), but i did not find an answer, so please do answer me with this
(i think easy to solve) question.

i wrote an xsp-file, which gets some data from a database. this is ok

but what i now need, is a xsp-function, which gets the content of an
xml-file (because i want to select something before formatting it in an
xsl).

should look like this:
authors.xml (has the data of some authors)
authors.xsp (gets the authors with id=1 and id=2) and forwards the xml-tags
and content of these authors
authors.xsl (formats the output)

so please provide me a method simple to get data out of a xml-file and
evaluate each recordset with a certain statement.

yours
THomas Hofer
http://thomas.familie-hofer.net