Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Jim Talbut <jt...@spudsoft.co.uk> on 2013/02/08 13:13:11 UTC

Why doesn't CXF Fault use the standard namespace and localpart for FAULT_CODE_CLIENT and FAULT_CODE_SERVER

Hi,

org.apache.cxf.interceptor.Fault has:
     public static final QName FAULT_CODE_CLIENT = new
QName("http://cxf.apache.org/faultcode", "client");
     public static final QName FAULT_CODE_SERVER = new
QName("http://cxf.apache.org/faultcode", "server");

These are clearly not the same as the Client and Server recommended in
the SOAP 1.1 spec:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/NOTE-SOAP-20000508/#_Toc478383510

Both the namespace and the localpart are different, but the similarity
of the localpart makes it look as though they are supposed to be used
for that purpose.

Why is this?

Thanks.

Jim

Re: Why doesn't CXF Fault use the standard namespace and localpart for FAULT_CODE_CLIENT and FAULT_CODE_SERVER

Posted by Jim Talbut <jt...@spudsoft.co.uk>.
On 08/02/2013 13:02, Daniel Kulp wrote:
> These are just used internally.  They the fault/exception is written out on the wire, the protocol maps those into whatever is appropriate for that protocol.  If it's soap 1.1, it would end up with the 1.1 namespace.  If it's 1.2, it would use the 1.2 namespace.
Ah, thanks.

The problem I had is that I was trying to add additional "sub fault
codes", as designed for "Client.Authentication" in the SOAP 1.1 spec.
That doesn't work with the SoapFault QNames, but also doesn't seem to be
compatible with SOAP1.2 (reading that spec for the first time, I only
work with 1.1).

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

--
Daniel Kulp