Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Florent André <fl...@4sengines.com> on 2010/03/01 10:33:54 UTC

Re: Lenya meeting during the RMLL

No one interrested in ??

In order to have a smooth organisation I have to begin work with RMLL
staff nearly 15 march.

Have a good day.

http://maps.google.fr/maps?hl=fr&safe=off&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF8&q=bordeaux&fb=1&gl=fr&ei=_qR-S5erMc21OO-VhP8J&ved=0CBgQpQY&view=map&geocode=FfgprAIdcDX3_w&split=0&iwloc=A&sa=X

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@juntadeandalucia.es>.
On Mon, 2010-03-01 at 10:45 +0100,
rudolf.korhummel@uniklinik-freiburg.de wrote:
> Hi Florent,
>
> I'm very interested in this meeting. Thanks very much for your offer !
> Maybe it takes some time for people to see if they can come.
> What about setting up a Wiki page ?

Thanks very much Florent. :)

I am very glad to see this initiative, I am trying right now very hard
to get it in my schedule but there are some things in life that one
cannot influence (my first son it scheduled for one week after the
meeting, so I am not sure how my wife is that week before).

I would love to see you all in France and having that glass of excellent
wine. ;) So I will put me down as uncertain till last minute if that is
ok.

Thanks again Florent.

salu2

> Best
>
> Rudolf
>

> Florent André <fl...@4sengines.com> schrieb am 01.03.2010
> 10:33:54:
>
> > No one interrested in ??
> >
> > In order to have a smooth organisation I have to begin work with RMLL
> > staff nearly 15 march.
> >
> > Have a good day.
> >
> > On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 10:37:41 +0100, Florent André
> > <fl...@4sengines.com> wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > From 6 to 11 july 2010, the RMLL (Rencontre Mondiale du Logiciel Libre
> > > [2]) take place.
> > >
> > > This is a big meeting on libre (aka floss) software, that is in
> Bordeaux
> > > this year [3]. A great wine region - and my native too.
> > >
> > > I begin to answer RMLL project's worker about the possibility to
> > organize
> > > a Lenya meeting during this event.
> > >
> > > As first mail exchanges says, there is no problem - this is in the
> scope
> > -
> > > and they can provide facilitates (room for meeting, internet
> > connexion...)
> > > [4].
> > >
> > > And we can organise a Lenya meeting (for community) and, if we want, a
> > > Lenya session/round table/presentation for show Lenya to tons of geeks.
> > >
> > > What do you think about organise one Lenya meeting during this event ?
> > > think it could be a good think for lenya people (lenya meeting + floss
> > > meeting) and for lenya community (if presentation to geeks jungle).
> > >
> > > Some of you can go ? If you says "Yes" I will go forward to organizate
> > > this with RMLL staff and send a mail on user's list.
> > >
> > > Good day
> > >
> > > ========
> > > [1] : http://2010.rmll.info
> > >
> > > [2] -- World Libre Software Meeting in word to word traduction (hyeer
> we
> > > are like that in france :) ) / LSM or Libre Software Meeting for
> > > international people (no more "super stars" when we talk to world :) )
> > > -- 1/2 to 1/3 of presentations are in English during the RMLL
> > >
> > > [3]
> > >
> > http://maps.google.fr/maps?hl=fr&safe=off&client=firefox-
> > a&ie=UTF8&q=bordeaux&fb=1&gl=fr&ei=_qR-S5erMc21OO-
> > VhP8J&ved=0CBgQpQY&view=map&geocode=FfgprAIdcDX3_w&split=0&iwloc=A&sa=X
> > >
> > > [4] RMLL thake place in a big university in Bordeaux. Entrance is free,
> > > facilitate for working room or prestation too. You just have to pay
> > travel
> > > and sleeping room.
> > > For sleeping room they have many student room, price is nearly 13 euros
> > by
> > > night + 2 euros for breakfast (REALLY competitiveness ! :) )

de la Información, S.A.U. (SADESI)

Re: Lenya meeting during the RMLL

Posted by Florent André <fl...@4sengines.com>.
OK, so lets go !

Sorry for this long long silence, but I have to drink a beer with my old
friends E.T. [1]... and his home was not so close to mine than he said ! :)

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E.T._the_Extra-Terrestrial

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@juntadeandalucia.es>.

Posted by Florent André <fl...@4sengines.com>.
Hi,

Posted by ru...@uniklinik-freiburg.de.

Posted by Vik Tara <vi...@propco.co.uk>.
Maybe it might be better to pick a location that is closer to the
majority of dev's?

I'm happy to attend the meeting wherever is happens to be :)

Regards

Vik

Posted by Florent André <fl...@4sengines.com>.
Hi Jann, hi Thorsten,

Posted by Jann Forrer <ja...@id.uzh.ch>.
Hi Florent
> Wiki page is ok http://wiki.apache.org/lenya/MeetingBordeaux2010

Thank you very much for trying to organize that meeting :-)
> Please fill the table in "Date for meeting" in order to know if a
> sufficient number of Lenya commiters can go for organise this meeting.

I am not sure whether I can participate. At the moment I am engaged in
other projects am I am not sure whether I could participate.
However having a good glass of Bordeaux with other lenya guys sounds
promising :-)

Jann

> Have good end of day
>
> ++
>
> On Mon, 01 Mar 2010 14:02:55 +0100, Florent André
> <fl...@4sengines.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 1 Mar 2010 10:45:48 +0100,
>>
> rudolf.korhummel@uniklinik-freiburg.de
>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Florent,
>>>
>>> I'm very interested in this meeting. Thanks very much for your offer !
>>> Maybe it takes some time for people to see if they can come.
>>>
>> Yes, sure, sorry ! :)
>>

>>> What about setting up a Wiki page ?
>>>
>> I begin to set up a page.
>>
>> I have to go just now, but I will finish it these day (or maybe
>>
> tomorrow)
>
>> ++
>>

>>> Best
>>>
>>> Rudolf
>>>

>>> Florent André <fl...@4sengines.com> schrieb am 01.03.2010
>>> 10:33:54:

>> Libre

>>> Bordeaux

>>> scope

>> geeks.

>> ?

>> floss

>> organizate

> (hyeer
>
>>> we

>> )

> VhP8J&ved=0CBgQpQY&view=map&geocode=FfgprAIdcDX3_w&split=0&iwloc=A&sa=X

>> free,

>> euros

Jann Forrer
Informatikdienste