Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by pa...@mc.duke.edu on 2001/03/26 17:19:50 UTC

escaping "." in cocoon.properties logicsheet declaration

sorry, forgot to change the subject on my previous posting.  Here's a
better subject line.

We've developed our first logicsheet for our app (it is going well, btw,
thanks to everyone on the list who have been so helpful).  To help us keep
our namespace tags separate from other tags, we thought we'd be smart and
put the app name first on each one.  Reading the XML specs, we learned
that, in fact, a period (or full stop) is a legal character in an XML name,
and hence is legal to use in a namespace string.  So, we thought we'd name
our namespaces like
     swift.user
     swift.whatever
etc.

Works great.  Until we try to declare the logicsheet for "swift.user" in
cocoon.properties (processor.xsp.logicsheet.swift.user.java = file:..).
Cocoon takes the "swift" part as a namespace, then complains that
"user.java" isn't a language.  Is there a way to escape the period in a way
that cocoon will read it in correctly?  If not, I humbly propose that this
should be considered a bug, as "swift.user" is a perfectly legal namespace.
Any thoughts?

-Christopher