Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Jose MarĂ­a Zaragoza <de...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/10 17:32:32 UTC

non-durable topics & persistent messages

Hello:

I've got a question about non-durable topics  ( ie, without durable
subscribers ) & persistent messages

If I send a *persistent* message to a *non-durable* topic ( and topic
doesn't have durable consumers ),

- is the message stored into database before sending non-durable subscribers ?
- is an ACK sent to producer in anytime ?

So, what is persistent delivery mode in non-durable topics for ?

And if a topic is a durable topic ( ie, with durable subscribers ) and
sent a non-persistent message
is the message stored into temporary file on disk ( if there are
inactive subscribers )?

Thanks and regards

Re: non-durable topics & persistent messages

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
inline...

> If I send a *persistent* message to a *non-durable* topic ( and topic
> doesn't have durable consumers ),
>
> - is the message stored into database before sending non-durable subscribers ?
no
> - is an ACK sent to producer in anytime ?
immediately

> So, what is persistent delivery mode in non-durable topics for ?
persistence is an attribute of the message
durability is an attribute of the subscription

For topics, it means that each sub can decide if the message need to
be persisted for it.
the broker will not persist unless there is at least one durable sub.

> And if a topic is a durable topic ( ie, with durable subscribers ) and
> sent a non-persistent message
> is the message stored into temporary file on disk ( if there are
> inactive subscribers )?
yes. There is a file store per sub.

--
http://redhat.com