Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2008/06/30 21:57:37 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache UIMA-AS 2.2.2-incubating

Hi Everyone,

Please review and vote on approving the 1st release of Apache UIMA-AS,
an add-on to base UIMA.  The release artifacts and the annotated RAT
reports can be found here:
http://people.apache.org/~schor/uima-release-candidates/uima-as/08

UIMA-AS originally came to Apache under a software grant, and has an IP
Clearance form recorded:
http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/uima-as.html and linked from
http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/index.html

The UIMA project dev-list vote to release was 6 +1's, and no other
votes; see the vote here: http://markmail.org/message/t6l2ineufbr3qo4g

UIMA-AS adds a scaleout capability to base UIMA based on asynchronous
messaging; it makes use of the recently released UIMA base
2.2.2-incubating level, as well as  Apache ActiveMQ and the Spring
middleware framework (also licensed under the Apache v.2 license),
internally.

Because this release includes a distribution of parts of ActiveMQ, which
in turn is classified as a 5D002 export, we submitted classification for
UIMA-AS also as a 5D002 category.  The
http://apache.org/licenses/exports/ page has been updated to reflect this.

Thanks.  -Marshall

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache UIMA-AS 2.2.2-incubating

Posted by Rodent of Unusual Size <co...@apache.org>.
+1
--
#ken	P-)}

"Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache UIMA-AS 2.2.2-incubating

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
+1

   ...ant

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
Can one more person on the Incubator PMC review and (hopefully) approve
this release?  We have 2 +1's so far, and need one more :-).

Thanks, muchly :-)

-Marshall

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
+1

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
Niall Pemberton wrote:
> I tried running mvn:site on the source distro, but it failed
> generating the javadocs because the uimaj-as pom.xml specifies
> <source>1.4</source> for the javadoc plugin and there are JDK 1.5+
> features used. When I changed that to "1.5" the javadocs generation
> then failed throwing a MissingResourceException with the message
> "Can't find resource for bundle
> com.sun.tools.doclets.formats.html.resources.standard, key
> doclet.malformed_html_link_tag" - in the uimaj-ep-runtime-deployeditor
> module - unfortunately doesn't indicate which class is causing that.
>
> IMO this is not a showstopper (would be nice to fix for the next
> release) and the main build (mvn:install) works fine and everything
> looks like it is in place - so +1 from me for the release.
>
> Niall

Hi Niall -

We haven't (yet) adopted the "maven" way to generating a site.  So I'm
not surprised that that didn't work.  We generate our javadocs as part
of the mvn assembly:assembly (in the uima-as-dist dir) done after a mvn
install (in the uimaj-as dir).  This process is consistent with how the
other projects build their javadocs for binary distros, in the UIMA
project.

We'll take a look at the maven "site" goal and see if it makes sense to
support it.

-Marshall

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.

{RESULT] [VOTE] Release Apache UIMA-AS 2.2.2-incubating

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
The results of this vote are:

  +1's from Ken Coar, ant elder, Niall Pemberton, and Jim Jagielski
  No other votes were received.

The vote passes.  Thanks to everyone for taking the time to review and
vote on this release :-)

-Marshall