Posted to p-dev@xerces.apache.org by "Jason E. Stewart" <ja...@openinformatics.com> on 2004/03/22 18:46:17 UTC

["Shaikh, Sona" ] problem using the XML::Xerces parser

Hi Jason,
Can you please help me with following:
I downloaded the XML-Xerces-2.3.0-4-winzip32.zip binary version and have
installed it using the instruction in the readme file.
I'm trying to run the sample SAXcount.pl  script but get following error:
Can't load 'C:Perl/site/lib/auto/XML/Xerces/Xerces.dll for module
XML::Xerces: load_file: The specifies module could not be found at
c:/Perl/lib/DynaLoader.pm line 229 at C:/Perl/site/lib/XML/Xerces.pm line 7.
I also get a popup saying: This application has failed to start because
Perl56.dll was not founf. Re-installing the application may fix the problem.

I have Perl 5.8.1 installed - is XML::Xerces looking for Perl 5.6?
Can you please help

Thanks
-Sona

Re: libcxa.so.3 not found

Posted by "Jason E. Stewart" <ja...@openinformatics.com>.
"Mandar Khire" <kh...@mahindrabt.com> writes:

> I have recently downloaded the xerces XML parser for linux and
> trying to run the sample programs. The error given by the program is
> libcxa.so.3 not found. This file was not found on my linux
> machine. Should I install any other package where I can find this
> file.
>      I am currently using Redhat 7.1 version of linux.

Are you using the perl parser, XML::Xerces, or are you using the C++
parser Xerces-C?

This is the Perl list and it sounds like you are asking a question
about the C++ parser.

Cheers,
jas.

libcxa.so.3 not found

Posted by Mandar Khire <kh...@mahindrabt.com>.
Dear all,
     I have recently downloaded the xerces XML parser for linux and trying
to run the sample programs. The error given by the program is libcxa.so.3
not found. This file was not found on my linux machine. Should I install any
other package where I can find this file.
     I am currently using Redhat 7.1 version of linux.

Thanks & regards
Mandar Khire

Disclaimer

is strictly prohibited.

Re: ["Shaikh, Sona" ] problem using the XML::Xerces parser

Posted by "Jason E. Stewart" <ja...@openinformatics.com>.
Martin Raspe <ra...@uni-trier.de> writes:

> Jason E. Stewart wrote:
> > Can one of the more windows-saavy folks help Sona?
>
> The Windows ppm package was compiled by me for Perl 5.6 and it doesn't
> seem to run under Perl 5.8 (as I discovered afterwards). In December I
> made a new ppm package for both versions and mailed it to you - shall
> I send it again so you can put it on the web site?

Ah! Bad dog, no biscuit!

Sorry Martin, I completely dropped the ball on that. It is now up on
the WWW site.

Sona, please try again with the new binary.

Cheers,
jas.

Re: ["Shaikh, Sona" ] problem using the XML::Xerces parser

Posted by Martin Raspe <ra...@uni-trier.de>.
Jason E. Stewart wrote:
> Can one of the more windows-saavy folks help Sona?

The Windows ppm package was compiled by me for Perl 5.6 and it doesn't
seem to run under Perl 5.8 (as I discovered afterwards). In December I
made a new ppm package for both versions and mailed it to you - shall I
send it again so you can put it on the web site?

Martin

Re: ["Shaikh, Sona" ] problem using the XML::Xerces parser

Posted by "Jason E. Stewart" <ja...@openinformatics.com>.