Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Kent Roylance <ro...@home.com> on 2001/07/02 16:51:30 UTC

Pre-populate text fields

I need help knowing how to prepopulate a html:text tag without it being set to null when the jsp is compiled and instantiated.  In the calling action class,  I prepopulate the form with the right information, but when the jsp is displayed the input fields get set to null(empty).  I can display the attribute with the bean:message tag on the same jsp page, but the html:text tag is empty for the same attribute.  After reviewing the server log, the form for the jsp page is getting instatiated twice for some reason, even when the form is stored in the session.

Appreciate any help on this problem,

Kent