Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Lothar Werzinger <lo...@tradescape.biz> on 2014/03/11 18:43:01 UTC

can the jdbc feature with karaf 2.3?

Karaf 3 has the new jdbc feature
http://karaf.apache.org/manual/latest/users-guide/jdbc.html

I would very much like to use that jdbc feature, but we are using Talend
TESB which is based on Karaf 2.3

Is it possible to install the jdbc to an older version of Karaf? If yes,
how?

Thanks in advance!
--

Lothar Werzinger

Principal Architect

Tradescape, Inc. - Enabling Efficient Digital Marketplaces

+1-650-931-6719 (direct)

+1-800-697-6068 (main) Ext. 116

lothar@tradescape.biz

http://www.tradescape.biz

--

This message and any attachment (the "message") is intended solely for the
addressees and is confidential. If you receive this message by mistake,

-

Re: can the jdbc feature with karaf 2.3?

Posted by Lothar Werzinger <lo...@tradescape.biz>.
I can now execute the jdbc commands, but I am experiencing a problem
creating a datasource:

karaf@trun> jdbc:create -url
jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/sample -u sample -p sample -t MySQL sample
karaf@trun> jdbc:tables jdbc/sample
Error executing command: Access denied for user 'sample'@'localhost' (using
password: YES)

It looks like the 'password' of the datasource configuration file is
created wrong '${test}' instead of 'sample'

    <bean id="dataSource"
class="com.mysql.jdbc.jdbc2.optional.MysqlDataSource">
        <property name="url" value="jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/sample"/>
        <property name="user" value="sample"/>
        <property name="password" value="${test}"/>
    </bean>

I know I can edit the datasource-sample.xml file as a workaround and
provide the real password.

I created ticket KARAF-2819 https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KARAF-2819

Posted by Lothar Werzinger <lo...@tradescape.biz>.
I finally got it to work: