Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Tyson Lowery <ty...@simdynasty.com> on 2003/04/13 23:44:04 UTC

Requested Resource Not Available

Hi, hoping someone can help me because my site is down right now.

I am attempting to upgrade to 4.1.24 from 4.0.3 on a linux machine.  When I
try to load any jsp page, I get the error "The requested resource
(/index.jsp) is not available."

When I start tomcat, here is the output:
WebappLoader[]: Deploying class repositories to work directory
/var/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.24/work/Apache - Tomcat4/defaulthost/_
ContextConfig[]: Missing application web.xml, using defaults only
StandardManager[]: Seeding random number generator class
java.security.SecureRandom
StandardManager[]: Seeding of random number generator has been completed
StandardWrapper[:default]: Loading container servlet default
StandardWrapper[:invoker]: Loading container servlet invoker
Ajp13Connector[8009] Opening server socket on host IP address 127.0.0.1
Ajp13Connector[8009] Starting background thread
Ajp13Processor[8009][0] Starting background thread
Ajp13Processor[8009][1] Starting background thread
Ajp13Processor[8009][2] Starting background thread
Ajp13Processor[8009][3] Starting background thread
Ajp13Processor[8009][4] Starting background thread

The only thing that seems off is the part that says missing application
web.xml.  What does that mean?

Any guidance or clues would be greatly appreciated on this Sunday!!!!

Thanks,
Tyson