Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Joakim Verona <jo...@verona.se> on 2003/10/27 13:11:54 UTC

generating imagemap from svg?

Hello,

Im trying to use the svg serializer.

Generating a jpg from a svg works well.  Now I'm trying to make
clickable areas in the svg and
get cocoon to convert thos clickable areas to an imagemap, but I'm
having difficulties.

Is there a serializer somwhere that does this? Google turns up some
references, but is there a standard serializer for svg to imagemap?

Im currently using sodipodi to generate the base svg and clickable
areas, then I transform the SVG adding data.

(please reply also to my adress)
/Joakim

Re: generating imagemap from svg?

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jh...@virbus.de>.
On 27.10.2003 13:11, Joakim Verona wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Im trying to use the svg serializer.
>
> Generating a jpg from a svg works well.  Now I'm trying to make
> clickable areas in the svg and
> get cocoon to convert thos clickable areas to an imagemap, but I'm
> having difficulties.
>
> Is there a serializer somwhere that does this? Google turns up some
> references, but is there a standard serializer for svg to imagemap?
>
> Im currently using sodipodi to generate the base svg and clickable
> areas, then I transform the SVG adding data.
>
> (please reply also to my adress)
> /Joakim

Hello Joakim,

no it's not possible with the serializers that transform the SVGs to
JPEG or PNG. The reason: they create only the image, but not the HTML
code encessary for an image map. You must write a stylesheet which
creates (based on the SVG) the imagemap HTML code. I have done this
already a long time ago, must be at least 2 years. I don't know if the
code is lost. But this code is not commonly usable I guess, it must be
written at least a bit different for each SVG. If you have problems,
simply ask.

Joerg