Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Nate Gelbard <ge...@tripwire.com> on 2004/10/28 23:51:53 UTC

PFMReader OutOfMemory

Hello,

I was able to use PFMReader w/ the Cyberbit.ttf font to create the XML
file for FOP. I found that this font did not contain the typefaces
I desired and found a Arial Unicode MS TTF file instead.

Arialuni.TTF 24megs
(download) http://zsigri.tripod.com/fontboard/cjk/cjksupp.html

When I run this file through PFMReader, it generates an out of memory
exception.
-Xmx512m on a P3 Linux box (512Mb) - failed
-Xmx768m on a P4 XP box (1024Mb) - failed
-Xmx3000m on a SunFire 280R (8096Mb) - failed

How is it that a 24meg font file is requiring that much memory to
process?

--( Nate Gelbard, QA Engineer
--( Tripwire, Inc.

RE: PFMReader OutOfMemory

Posted by Victor Mote <vi...@outfitr.com>.
Nate Gelbard wrote:

> I was able to use PFMReader w/ the Cyberbit.ttf font to
> create the XML file for FOP. I found that this font did not
> contain the typefaces I desired and found a Arial Unicode MS
> TTF file instead.
>
> Arialuni.TTF 24megs
> (download) http://zsigri.tripod.com/fontboard/cjk/cjksupp.html
>
> When I run this file through PFMReader, it generates an out
                               ^^^^^^^^^

> of memory exception.
> -Xmx512m on a P3 Linux box (512Mb) - failed -Xmx768m on a P4
> XP box (1024Mb) - failed -Xmx3000m on a SunFire 280R (8096Mb) - failed
>
> How is it that a 24meg font file is requiring that much
> memory to process?

Do you mean TTFReader? If you are really running it through PFMReader, that
might be the problem.

Victor Mote