Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by James Mitchell <ja...@mac.com> on 2007/04/29 18:23:21 UTC

LOL...Struts is still the 800 pound gorilla....yeah baby!!!

I was cruising the web looking for a maven repo that's hosting the
spring-cache.jar (sf.net project) and came across an ad [1] for
Source Labs.  It's a professionally done video (commercial) of a
crisis center handling a sudden vulnerability report.  It's clearly
aimed at IT managers.

The ad shows off how fast Source Labs can react to new vulnerability
reports and protect their clients, but the funny part is what they
chose to use as an example for a sudden vulnerability outbreak.  They
picked a Java framework that they knew most or all of their target
audience would be familiar with.

Struts is (and has been for quite a while) a household name in (Java)
IT.  I think it's a great sign that a company would spend that much
money producing a high quality video (these are NOT cheap) and stick
with a the big name in Java Web Frameworks.

Go Struts!!!

[1] http://swik.net/Spring+cache

Video source and info:
  http://media.sourcelabs.com/Spot1/video.html

--
James Mitchell

Re: LOL...Struts is still the 800 pound gorilla....yeah baby!!!

Posted by Pedro Herrera <pe...@hotmail.com>.
yeehhh....