Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Jason Hunter <jh...@collab.net> on 2001/01/28 21:01:07 UTC

JSR-096

Hi everyone,

There's a new JSR (Java Specification Request) being started to define a
daemon architecture for Java.  Should be an extremely important spec for
people writing
Java-based servers.  I think it'd be good if some folks with an Apache
perspective participated on its expert group.

Information on the proposal and a link to throw in your hat for the
expert group are at:
http://java.sun.com/aboutJava/communityprocess/jsr/jsr_096_daemon.html

It takes only as much time as you have to give.  Participation in
individuals is free, although you have to sign a contributor agreement.
Apache Members can join as reps of Apache.

Please CC me if you request to join.  I'm the Apache JCP (Java Community
Process) rep, and I need to keep on top of who's involved.

-jh-

Re: JSR-096

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.
Edson Alves Pereira <Ca...@netscape.net> wrote:

> Hello dudes, i think that is usefull to create servlets with a deamon working
> together with Apache.

Ever seen the service/invocation stuff in Tomcat 4.0??? :) :) :)

    Pier

--
Pier Fumagalli                                 <ma...@betaversion.org>
I'm selling my Sony Vaio Z505. Check out <http://www.betaversion.org/~pier/>

Re: JSR-096

Posted by Edson Alves Pereira <Ca...@netscape.net>.
  Hello dudes, i think that is usefull to create servlets with a deamon working together with Apache.

  With best wishes,
  Edson Alves Pereira