Posted to user@poi.apache.org by vasavi <va...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/24 09:02:28 UTC

knowing the PDF storage format

I have so many PDF FILES with text,equations,and images . i converted from
PDF to xml , I got that equations, but not in actual format .means ending
symbol is on starting like that.

so i want to know storage format of pdf files. then i can do further.

(i converted from pagemaker to PDF files .)

ofcourse, pdf takes equation also in text format.

can any body help me for knowing the storage format of PDF.

Re: knowing the PDF storage format

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
>> I have so many PDF FILES with text,equations,and images . i converted from
>> PDF to xml , I got that equations, but not in actual format .means ending
>> symbol is on starting like that.
>
> And this still isn't the place to ask PDFBox questions. As you were told several times yesterday, the PDFBox lists are at:
> 	http://pdfbox.apache.org/mail-lists.html

To reinforce what we are telling you POI is about manipulating Microsoft Office documents in Java. It is NOT about Adobe document formats.

In addition to Apache PDFBox, Adobe Systems has always been good about publishing a reference manual to the PDF format. This has been true since the beta of Acrobat (20 years) and the first version of Postscript (25 years).

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/pdf/pdf_reference_archive.html

Good luck.

Regards,
Dave

Re: knowing the PDF storage format

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@alfresco.com>.
On Tue, 24 May 2011, vasavi wrote:
> I have so many PDF FILES with text,equations,and images . i converted from
> PDF to xml , I got that equations, but not in actual format .means ending
> symbol is on starting like that.

And this still isn't the place to ask PDFBox questions. As you were told
several times yesterday, the PDFBox lists are at:
 	http://pdfbox.apache.org/mail-lists.html

Nick