Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Deepti Jacob <De...@infosys.com> on 2007/10/31 10:40:08 UTC

WCD 5.6 to 6.0 Migration related problem

Hi,

We in the process of migrating the developer box from WCD5.6 to WCD 6.0. As of now we have migrated the WebSphereCommerceServerExtensionsLogic project. There are some errors pertaining to the jars to be included in the java build path. For example,

We get an error for "import org.apache.commons.collections.map.ListOrderedMap "
Hence we included the jar common-collections.jar supplied along with the WCS 6.0 toolkit. This did not solve the problem. Hence we went ahead and included the common-collections-3.1.jar supplied by the WCS 5.6 toolkit.  We were able to resolve the issue.

We had similar issues which couldn't be solved with jars given by WCS6.0, but could be solve by the jars supplied by WCS5.6.

Now for the questions,

 1.  We have used the jars supplied with the previous version of WCD. Is it fine to go with this option?
 2.  Why is WCD6.0 shipped with older version of the jars like common-collections
 3.  Can we download the latest versions of these jars from the internet and use them with WCD6.0.

Please advice.

Regards,
Deepti

Re: WCD 5.6 to 6.0 Migration related problem

Posted by Michael Rasmussen <ra...@gmail.com>.
Deepti,
  I would recommend sticking with the version of collections supplied by WCS
6.  Your code in extensions logic is custom code.  When you migrate part of
that process should be getting your code to compile in the new environment.
Switching the version of collections may have adverse effects on the ootb
code with commerce.

Also, this is not the best place to get answers on commerce questions.  Try
the IBM forums instead.  You will get answers faster and they will be more
pertinent to the product.

Michael

Posted by Michael Rasmussen <ra...@gmail.com>.
Deepti,