Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Paul Richards <p....@elsevier.co.uk> on 1996/11/17 22:53:00 UTC

satisfy

I implemented the simplest satisfy patch I had lying around. I've not
tested it extensively but it was a quick solution and I thought it was
too important to slip past the feature-freeze deadline.

My test server works and parses the directive so it hasn't broken
things completely but I haven't had time to test it functions properly
and I need to leave *NOW* or I'm going to have a very irate girlfriend
:-)

  Email: p.richards@elsevier.co.uk
  Phone: 0370 462071 (Mobile), +44 (0)1865 843155

Re: satisfy

Posted by Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>.
There's a problem with this patch.  When I have "satisfy any", a "require user"
I know is valid but not the one which has the credentials, and "allow from
.organic.com" which should let me in, I get an "Internal Server Error" message
and the logfile shows "[Sun Nov 17 15:08:56 1996] access to /test/ failed for
h65.n138.organic.com, reason: configuration error:  couldn't check user.  No
user file?".  Changing it to "satisfy all" works fine (I'm denied access since
the user is incorrect), and using "satisfy any" with a correct user but
disallowed hostname is fine.

I will go try out the Utah patch.

You didn't have to commit it to make the "feature freeze".

	Brian