Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Madhavi Thottempudi <ma...@caret.cam.ac.uk> on 2002/10/04 12:34:50 UTC

global variables

Hi!
Where can I set global variables and get them back in Struts. Because I see
that Action beans extending struts Action bean doesn't get servlet in their
perform method.

public ActionForward perform(ActionMapping mapping,
				 ActionForm form,
				 HttpServletRequest request,
				 HttpServletResponse response)

Any suggestions???

Thanks
-M

Re: global variables

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Fri, 4 Oct 2002, Madhavi Thottempudi wrote:

> Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 11:34:50 +0100
> From: Madhavi Thottempudi <ma...@caret.cam.ac.uk>
> To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: global variables
>
> Hi!
> Where can I set global variables and get them back in Struts. Because I see
> that Action beans extending struts Action bean doesn't get servlet in their
> perform method.

That's because you can just call getServlet() on your Action -- it's part
of the base class :-).

Craig

Re: global variables-update

Posted by Madhavi Thottempudi <ma...@caret.cam.ac.uk>.
I mean setting application scope variables - using setServletContext or
something like that and getting them back. Any ideas??

Thanks again
-M

At 11:34 04/10/2002 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi!
>Where can I set global variables and get them back in Struts. Because I
>see that Action beans extending struts Action bean doesn't get servlet in
>their perform method.
>
>public ActionForward perform(ActionMapping mapping,
>                                 ActionForm form,
>                                 HttpServletRequest request,
>                                 HttpServletResponse response)
>
>Any suggestions???