Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Dhanasekaran Anbalagan <bu...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/05 18:04:52 UTC

Best way handle hadoop Java heap size space

Hi Guys,

We have configured many Heap size related thing. in Hadoop for ex.

Namenode's Java Heap Size in bytes.
Secondary namenode's Java Heap Size in bytes.
Balancer's Java Heap Size in bytes.
HttpFS's Java Heap Size in bytes.
Failover Controller's Java Heap Size in bytes.
MapReduce Child Java Maximum Heap Size
Reduce Task Maximum Heap Siz
TaskTracker's Java Heap Size in bytes.

When i start my cluster these guys occupy the large number of memory, Best
way handle or fine tune these parameter. please guide me.

Bes monitor those configuration.

Any graphical tool to help us to monitor?

-Dhanasekaran.

Re: Best way handle hadoop Java heap size space

Posted by shashwat shriparv <dw...@gmail.com>.
If you just want to see to utilization and monitor it for some time try

Java Visual JVM
or
JConsol

and connect to JMX port . it will show you the heap uses and other  details
too.

These tools you can find in jdk bin folder

∞
Shashwat Shriparv

Posted by shashwat shriparv <dw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by shashwat shriparv <dw...@gmail.com>.