Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Robinson, Peter" <pe...@charite.de> on 2013/04/28 10:51:34 UTC

project submodules

Dear all,

I have not been able to find an answer to the following question. I would like to set up a multi-module maven project roughly similar to

http://books.sonatype.com/mvnex-book/reference/public-book.html  (Chapter 6).

One project is a java library (a jar file that is intended to be used by Java applications)
The second project is a Java application that uses the jar file created by the first project.

How is this best done?

thanks Peter

Dr. med. Peter N. Robinson, MSc.
Professor of Medical Genomics
Institut für Medizinische Genetik und Humangenetik
Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin
Augustenburger Platz 1
13353 Berlin
Germany
+4930 450566006
Mobile: 0160 93769872
peter.robinson@charite.de
http://compbio.charite.de
http://www.human-phenotype-ontology.org
Introduction to Bio-Ontologies: http://www.crcpress.com/product/isbn/9781439836651

To give your data to the bioinformatician after the experiment is done may be no more than asking him to perform a post-mortem examination: he may be able to say what the experiment died of.
~ after Sir Ronald Aylmer Fisher

RE: project submodules

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Peter

you can implement a parent pom.xml
http://books.sonatype.com/mvnex-book/reference/multimodule-web-spring-sect-simple-parent.htmldeploy the module to local-repository or local-nexus-repository
and then setup child modules which inherit the common characteristics of the parent pom.xml
http://books.sonatype.com/mvnex-book/reference/multimodule-web-spring-sect-simple-model-project.html
deploy the module to local-repository or local_nexus-repository

you will be able to reference either artifact simply include it in as a dependency e.g.

pom.xml
<dependencies> <dependency>
   <groupId>the.group.name</groupId>
  <artifactId>artifactNameYouProvidedInOriginalPom</artifactId>
  <version>1.0</version>
</dependencies>

<dependency> provides the invoking pom sufficient information to track and then pull the referenced artifact

Does this answer your requirement?
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Verzicht und Vertraulichkeitanmerkung