Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by nancy_b <na...@yahoo.com> on 2007/07/24 13:40:06 UTC

table-layout warning message

Last shot for today :-)

For some reason, FOP complains about my tables:
WARNING: table-layout="fixed" and column-width unspecified => falling back
to proportional-column-width(1)
Jul 24, 2007 1:47:14 PM org.apache.fop.fo.flow.TableColumn bind
WARNING: table-layout="fixed" and column-width unspecified => falling back
to proportional-column-width(1)
Jul 24, 2007 1:47:14 PM org.apache.fop.fo.flow.TableColumn bind

Any guess how I can fix it?

Thank you all in advance!

Best wishes,
Nancy

Re: table-layout warning message

Posted by Patrick Paul <pp...@yahoo.ca>.
Nancy,

Could you send an XSL-FO snippet **that demonstrates the problem.

Thanks,

Patrick

Posted by nancy_b <na...@yahoo.com>.
Hi dear Patrick!

Posted by Patrick Paul <pp...@yahoo.ca>.
Hi,

Posted by nancy_b <na...@yahoo.com>.
Hi dear Andreas!

I compile PDFs in Linux, so I do have .fo files. However, in this specific
case, FOP does not specify the location of the problem in the .fo file. In
the overflowing problem I do have the line specification, that's why I
posted a snippet from the .fo file.

Regards,
Nancy

Posted by Andreas L Delmelle <a_...@pandora.be>.

Posted by Patrick Paul <pp...@yahoo.ca>.
Read the paragraph at
http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/0.20.5/running.html#check-input

This will explain why, and how you can generate the FO file.

Once you have the .fo use FOP:

fop -fo file.fo -pdf out.pdf

Now FOP will report the problem and tell you where it found a problem in
the FO file.

HTH,

Patrick

Posted by Hermann Kleier <he...@kleier.net>.
Hello Nancy,

nancy_b wrote:

> For some reason, FOP complains about my tables:
> WARNING: table-layout="fixed" and column-width unspecified => falling back
> to proportional-column-width(1)
> Jul 24, 2007 1:47:14 PM org.apache.fop.fo.flow.TableColumn bind
> WARNING: table-layout="fixed" and column-width unspecified => falling back
> to proportional-column-width(1)
> Jul 24, 2007 1:47:14 PM org.apache.fop.fo.flow.TableColumn bind
>
> Any guess how I can fix it?

the problem comes from processing entities like '<colspec colwidth="1*"/>'
by .../fo/docbook.xsl in the context of 'table-layout="fixed"'.  The
attribute value '="1*"' is essential, it is the only critical one. I
currently use revision 1.73.1-56.1 of the stylesheets and revision 0.95 of
fop.  The fo-file reads '<fo:table-column column-number="x"/>' but fop
expects '<fo:table-column column-number="x"
proportional-column-width(1)"/>'.  'x' is an integer which is unessential in
this context.  I do not care whether fop has wrong expectations or whether
the docbook-stylesheets produce broken code.  Anyway, the workaround in to
change the input into '<colspec colwidth="1.0*"/>'.

Re: table-layout warning message

Posted by John Brown <jo...@hotmail.com>.
> nancy_b wrote:

> > WARNING: table-layout="fixed" and column-width unspecified => falling back
> > to proportional-column-width(1)

nancy_b <nancy_brndt <at> yahoo.com> writes:

<snip>

> I need some customization that says:
>
> if table-layout=fixed, use proportional column width...

Hello nancy_b,

Did you ever find a solution to this problem?

Re: table-layout warning message

Posted by nancy_b <na...@yahoo.com>.