Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Gopesh Sharma <Go...@gensler.com> on 2017/10/05 06:58:41 UTC

Question regarding Upgrading to SolrCloud

Hello Guys,

As of now we are running Solr 3.4 with Master Slave Configuration. We are planning to upgrade it to the lastest version (6.6 or 7). Questions I have before upgrading

  1.  Since we do not have a lot of data, is it required to move to SolrCloud or continue using it Master Slave
  2.  Is the support for Master Slave will be there in the future release or do you plan to remove it.
  3.  Can we configure master-slave replication in Solr Cloud, if yes then do we need zookeeper as well.

Thanks,
Gopesh Sharma