Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Renaud, Martin" <Ma...@nuance.com> on 2010/05/12 17:48:53 UTC

HTTP Request Sampler configuration for REST

Hi All,

I'm trying to use JMeter 2.3.4 to send a request to a REST application
without success.

I'm using the HTTP Request Sampler. And I cannot find the good
configuration for the request to be consumed by my application. More
precisely, I cannot get the request sent by JMeter to have the

Info on my application:

*	Reachable by a "simple url": no argument to be extracted from it
to be sent as handler parameters.
*	Attached XML that is unmarshaled using JAXB.
*	The handler consumes multipart/mixed POST requests.

What I did:

*	Attach an XML file using the "Send Files With the Request". I
have no parameter name and the MIME type set to "multipart/mixed"
*	Added a Header manager with Accept=multipart/mixed.
*	Request checkbox "Redirect": unchecked
*	Request checkbox "Follow Redirects": unchecked
*	Request checkbox "Use KeepAlive": checked

Depending if the Request checkbox "Use multipart/form-data for HTTP
POST" is check, I get the following:

Check:

*	The request received by my app has "Content-Type:
multipart/form-data; boundary=a-boundary"
*	The content-type is not good: my app consumes multipart/mixed.

Unchecked:

*	The request received by my app has "Content-Type:
multipart/mixed"   , but no boundary.
*	The parsing of the request throws a
org.jvnet.mimepull.MIMEParsingException because no boundary is found.

Can you please tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Also, I found in the net the following Sampler:
http://smartrics.blogspot.com/2009/04/jmeter-to-test-robustness-of-syste
m.html

Unfortunately,  it does not seems compatible with the latest version of
JMeter, anyone have found a workaround ?

Thanks a lot,

Martin

RE: Jmeter HTTP Request Sampler returns prematurely

Posted by Andrey Pohilko <ap...@fininfor.ru>.
There's timeout fields in HTTP Sampler, try using them.

С уважением,
Андрей Похилько

Posted by "Bhattacharya, Sudip" <su...@genpact.com>.

______________________________

Re: Automated monitoring of servers during load testing

Posted by Brett Cave <br...@gmail.com>.
In windows add/remove components, make sure that SNMP is enabled and
configure it via the services console (start -> run -> services.msc). we
have written an SNMP sampler to log metrics to a mysql database and run our
own reporting, but using any snmp reporting tool will work (personally I can
recommend Cacti as a good one).

Brett

twitter: @brettcave
Blog: http://brett.cave.za.net

RE: How to pick items from a grid

Posted by Steve Eckhart <St...@wausaufs.com>.
I like this site for explaining regular expressions: http://www.regular-expressions.info/reference.html.

This site will allow you to test your regular expression to make sure you've got it right: http://regexlib.com/RETester.aspx

Steve Eckhart
Business Analyst/Project Manager

WAUSAU Financial Systems
14010 FNB PKWY STE500
Omaha, NE 68154-5206
Email: steve.eckhart@wausaufs.com

Enterprise Payment Solutions.
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This electronic transmission (including files attached hereto) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, dissemination, copying, distribution or taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this confidential information is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please destroy it and immediately notify us by return email.  Thank you.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 25/05/2010, Bhattacharya, Sudip <su...@genpact.com> wrote:
> Thanks. Managed with some regex patterns taken from a web sample.
>
>  Is there any guide on the regex that provides details on how to construct the regex patterns?

Have you read:

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/regular_expressions.html

JMeter uses Jakarta ORO, which has a demo here:

http://jakarta.apache.org/oro/demo.html

Posted by "Bhattacharya, Sudip" <su...@genpact.com>.

Posted by sv...@icarinae.com.

How to pick items from a grid

Posted by "Bhattacharya, Sudip" <su...@genpact.com>.
Thanks Martin.

I found another tool-IXORARMS.. a freeware tool. Exploring that now.

Perfmon seems good for monitoring OS parameters. However it was not showing data for WebLogic JVMs clearly.

Regards,
Sudip

Posted by Nagusoft <na...@gmail.com>.
You can use JConsole for monitoring the servers....

Posted by Nagusoft <na...@gmail.com>.

RE: HTTP Request Sampler configuration for REST

Posted by "Renaud, Martin" <Ma...@nuance.com>.
Hi,

Thanks for the quick response. I tried with your suggestion and the
received type was still not the one expected by the app.

It is good to know that what I'm trying to do is not supported (yet?), I
will stop trying and concentrate on the Java Request Sample instead.

However if someone found a way to achieve that with an HTTP Sampler, I
would be glad to hear how.

Thanks again,

-Martin

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.