Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Andreas Pakulat <ap...@gmx.de> on 2006/05/12 17:05:47 UTC

what's up with svk.elixus.org

Hi,

somebody here knows what happened to the svk-site? It seems somebody put
a book-promo there and you can't access any of the pages anymore. Is
this temporary? I'd like to read the docs, but I can't and unfortunately
they're not all included in my debian package of svk..

Andreas

--
You will be awarded a medal for disregarding safety in saving someone.

Re: what's up with svk.elixus.org

Posted by Andreas Pakulat <ap...@gmx.de>.
On 14.05.06 11:38:32, Bob Proulx wrote:
> Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > somebody here knows what happened to the svk-site? It seems somebody put
> > a book-promo there and you can't access any of the pages anymore. Is
> > this temporary? I'd like to read the docs, but I can't and unfortunately
> > they're not all included in my debian package of svk..
>
> You should report that to the svk mailing list and not to the svn
> mailing list.  It is off topic for the svn list.  Don't you agree?

Well in theory you're right. However if I can't access the website, I
can't subscribe to the ML or even find out it's address ;-) I just found
that I could've written to the Author directly, because his address is
included in the debian package...

Andreas

--
You will reach the highest possible point in your business or profession.

Re: what's up with svk.elixus.org

Posted by Bob Proulx <bo...@proulx.com>.
Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> somebody here knows what happened to the svk-site? It seems somebody put
> a book-promo there and you can't access any of the pages anymore. Is
> this temporary? I'd like to read the docs, but I can't and unfortunately
> they're not all included in my debian package of svk..

You should report that to the svk mailing list and not to the svn
mailing list.  It is off topic for the svn list.  Don't you agree?

The svk web page is a wiki wiki web page.  What you are seeing is wiki
spam.  Search the web for "wiki spam" and you will see a large amount
of information conserning this problem.  In the simple case, people
simply notice the spam and revert the page.  I am sure that
maintainers of the svk wiki will notice this problem and fix it.  If
not you should report it to them.  (When I looked just now it was
already fixed.)

Bob