Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Nick Klauer <kl...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/19 12:45:26 UTC

Re: Config resources

I usually put my configuration where it works.  In a web application, I put
my web.xml in the src/main/webapp/WEB-INF folder.  In Spring-related apps,
my applicationConfig.xml goes in src/main/resources, and I might use Maven
Filters to pull in the right parameters to whether I run as a dev build or
production.

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-resources-plugin/examples/filter.html

I would recommend putting configuration information into your
src/main/resources, especially if you expect that the end .jar, .war, .ear,
will need those configuration files at runtime.  The src/main/resources get
bundled up as part of the build, so the safe bet is to create whatever
structure that you can manage your configuration files starting from there.

-Nick