Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by baptiste <ba...@yahoo.fr> on 2006/11/24 16:14:15 UTC

how to refer to a file properties starting from the pom.xml

I wish to declare the versions of my dependencies in a file properties, and
not in the settings.xml file.
My question is how to refer to a file properties starting from the pom.xml ?

Thanks for your help.

Re: how to refer to a file properties starting from the pom.xml

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

> You can include <properties> inside pom.xml itself.

... and please ask questions on the user list instead. :)

Wendy

Re: how to refer to a file properties starting from the pom.xml

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 11/24/06, baptiste <ba...@yahoo.fr> wrote:

> I wish to declare the versions of my dependencies in a file properties, and
> not in the settings.xml file.
> My question is how to refer to a file properties starting from the pom.xml ?

You can include <properties> inside pom.xml itself.

   http://maven.apache.org/ref/2.0.4/maven-model/maven.html

Is there a reason you want to use an external properties file?

--
Wendy