Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Arsen A. Gutsal" <ar...@softsky.com.ua> on 2005/04/08 13:12:15 UTC

complex CForm

I've XML DB like:
<customers>
<customer type="Residential">

<residential-type>Residential</residential-type>

<firstname>Arsen</firstname>
<surname>Gutsal</surname>
<email>arsen@softsky.com</email>

<phone>
<area-code>352</area-code>
<phone-number>9051207</phone-number>
</phone>

<country>UA</country>
<address>xxxxxxxxx</address>
<zip>00001</zip>
</customer>
</customers>

I would like to display list of customers in form:
Position, Customer_type,  [edit] and [delete] buttons
e.g.
1, Residential [edit] [delete]
2, Residentail  [edit] [delete]
3, Business  [edit] [delete]
4, Residential  [edit] [delete]
100, Business  [edit] [delete]
having 100 items on page.
once user click on Edit - form re-submits and display whole records for
edited row.
e.g. edited 3rd record:
1, Residential [edit] [delete]
2, Residentail  [edit] [delete]
3, Business  [save] [delete]
=========================
<input Registration_type>
<input Firstname>
<input Surname>
<input Email>
<input Phone>
<select Country>
<input Address>
<input Zip>
=========================
4, Residential  [edit] [delete]
100, Business  [edit] [delete]

Also, for edited record [edit] button changes to [save].

I did everything using union/struct and JX conditions...
But I guess that's not good as I have to keep all details fields for
each record as <input type="hidden" for all rows which are not in edit
state. and if row is in edit state - I display these fields.
Such page is very heavy.
I would better ask for some way to DYNAMICALLY bind part of my form when
needed.
Or use another form inside main one.
I would prefer it do not open in another page, just exactly as I
explained.

What can you suggest me?
--
Arsen A. Gutsal <ar...@softsky.com.ua>