Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Marek Šabo <ms...@buk.cvut.cz> on 2011/03/10 15:29:57 UTC

Resource loading

Hi all,

I have a question regarding resource loading in general (sorry for
little OT). What code should I use to load a property file which is
located in src/main/resources folder (maven directory structure)? I
tried various snippets and the only one working for me under both tomcat
(standalone) and jetty (mvn jetty:run) is to load it like this (e.g.
from Application class):

URL url =
Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader().getResource("modules.properties");

I extracted this from log4j loading code - is this the only way or are
there other ways of doing this? The point being that files from
resources folder vary in different places when running mvn jetty:run,
deploying war or just running jar archive.

Regards,

Marek

Re: Resource loading

Posted by Marek Šabo <ms...@buk.cvut.cz>.
Hi,

thanks for suggestions. I know these variants but I've never had a file
in src/main/java, there's always something like org.company package before.

Regards,

Marek

Re: Resource loading

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.