Posted to users@maven.apache.org by laredotornado <la...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/22 19:41:45 UTC

What dependency do I need to include?

Hi,

I'm using Maven 1.1.  I'm writing unit tests for a console application but
I'm having trouble connecting to the Oracle database, due to
"java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver".  Google has told me in so many
words that this is a classpath issue.  I tried adding this line in my JUnit
setUp method:

System.setProperty("java.library.path", "/opt/oracle/lib");

because /opt/oracle/lib contains my classes12.jar file.  But no luck.  Any
ideas how to get this class file into my classpath?  (complete stack trace
of error is below).  Thanks, - Dave

org.hibernate.exception.JDBCConnectionException: Cannot open connection
        at
org.hibernate.exception.SQLStateConverter.convert(SQLStateConverter.java:97)
        at
org.hibernate.exception.JDBCExceptionHelper.convert(JDBCExceptionHelper.java:66)
        at
org.hibernate.exception.JDBCExceptionHelper.convert(JDBCExceptionHelper.java:52)
        at
org.hibernate.jdbc.ConnectionManager.openConnection(ConnectionManager.java:449)
        at
org.hibernate.jdbc.ConnectionManager.getConnection(ConnectionManager.java:167)
        at
org.hibernate.jdbc.AbstractBatcher.prepareQueryStatement(AbstractBatcher.java:161)
        at
org.hibernate.loader.Loader.prepareQueryStatement(Loader.java:1573)
        at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.doQuery(Loader.java:696)
        at
org.hibernate.loader.Loader.doQueryAndInitializeNonLazyCollections(Loader.java:259)
        at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.doList(Loader.java:2228)
        at
org.hibernate.loader.Loader.listIgnoreQueryCache(Loader.java:2125)
        at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.list(Loader.java:2120)
        at
org.hibernate.loader.criteria.CriteriaLoader.list(CriteriaLoader.java:118)
        at org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.list(SessionImpl.java:1596)
        at org.hibernate.impl.CriteriaImpl.list(CriteriaImpl.java:306)
        at
org.hibernate.impl.CriteriaImpl.uniqueResult(CriteriaImpl.java:328)
        at
myco.dor.dmv.driver.youthful.database.YouthfulDriverDatabase.getVendorRequestFileDigestCount(YouthfulDriverDatabase.java:125)
        at
myco.dor.dmv.driver.youthful.test.AddressFileUtilityTest.testLookupNoPersist(AddressFileUtilityTest.java:85)
        at
        at
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTestRunner.run(JUnitTestRunner.java:297)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTask.executeInVM(JUnitTask.java:1072)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTask.execute(JUnitTask.java:682)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTask.executeOrQueue(JUnitTask.java:1434)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTask.execute(JUnitTask.java:632)
        at org.apache.commons.jelly.tags.ant.AntTag.doTag(AntTag.java:195)
        at org.apache.commons.jelly.impl.TagScript.run(TagScript.java:250)
        at
org.apache.commons.jelly.impl.ScriptBlock.run(ScriptBlock.java:95)
        at
org.apache.commons.jelly.TagSupport.invokeBody(TagSupport.java:186)
        at
org.apache.commons.jelly.tags.core.OtherwiseTag.doTag(OtherwiseTag.java:41)
        at org.apache.commons.jelly.impl.TagScript.run(TagScript.java:250)
        at
org.apache.commons.jelly.impl.ScriptBlock.run(ScriptBlock.java:95)
        at
org.apache.commons.jelly.TagSupport.invokeBody(TagSupport.java:186)
        at
org.apache.commons.jelly.tags.core.ChooseTag.doTag(ChooseTag.java:38)
        at org.apache.commons.jelly.impl.TagScript.run(TagScript.java:250)
        at
org.apache.commons.jelly.impl.ScriptBlock.run(ScriptBlock.java:95)
        at
org.apache.commons.jelly.TagSupport.invokeBody(TagSupport.java:186)
        at org.apache.commons.jelly.tags.core.IfTag.doTag(IfTag.java:42)
        at org.apache.commons.jelly.impl.TagScript.run(TagScript.java:250)
        at
org.apache.commons.jelly.impl.ScriptBlock.run(ScriptBlock.java:95)
        at
org.apache.maven.jelly.tags.werkz.MavenGoalTag.runBodyTag(MavenGoalTag.java:83)
        at
org.apache.maven.jelly.tags.werkz.MavenGoalTag$MavenGoalAction.performAction(MavenGoalTag.java:116)
        at org.apache.maven.werkz.Goal.fire(Goal.java:691)
        at org.apache.maven.werkz.Goal.attain(Goal.java:623)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.PluginManager.attainGoals(PluginManager.java:712)
        at org.apache.maven.MavenSession.attainGoals(MavenSession.java:265)
        at org.apache.maven.cli.App.doMain(App.java:307)
        at org.apache.maven.cli.App.main(App.java:217)
        at
        at
        at com.werken.forehead.Forehead.run(Forehead.java:551)
        at com.werken.forehead.Forehead.main(Forehead.java:581)
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:545)
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:140)
        at
org.hibernate.connection.DriverManagerConnectionProvider.getConnection(DriverManagerConnectionProvider.java:133)
        at
org.hibernate.jdbc.ConnectionManager.openConnection(ConnectionManager.java:446)
        ... 61 more

Re: Maven JavaScript Plugin

Posted by Martin Höller <ma...@xss.co.at>.
On 22 Okt 2009, Neil Chaudhuri wrote:

> A colleague at work expressed an interest in doing a lot of Maven-like things in the JavaScript realm. I did some research and discovered the Maven JavaScript plugin. It looks neat, but it is an alpha version and seems to have little activity.
>
> I was simply hoping to find some comments from those who have investigated or used the Maven JavaScript plugin. Does it work? Strengths and weaknesses? Any insight is appreciated.

There was a similar thread recently on this list:
http://www.nabble.com/Javascript-support-to25543137.html#a25543137

hth,
- martin

Re: Maven JavaScript Plugin

Posted by David Meunier <da...@si4g.fr>.
Perhaps you may be interested by this : http://www.si4g.fr/open4g/

Best Regards,
David Meunier.

Re: Maven JavaScript Plugin

Posted by Manos Batsis <ma...@geekologue.com>.

Re: Maven JavaScript Plugin

Posted by Josh Suereth <jo...@gmail.com>.
We're using it at my workplace.  We have our own "released' version just to
stop the plugin update check from happening so frequently.

I think the plugin is strong for creating javascript artifacts and keeping
them separate.  If you pair it with the jetty-maven-plugin, you can get away
with a pure-javascript-development environment pretty easily.  We do not use
the jsunit integration, and I would recommend only reserving that for
integration testing, as the bootstrap to start a browser can be slow.

The minification/combination of artifacts is great.  We're using maven to
manage 4 different JS libraries and combine them all in our final product.

Hope that helps!
- Josh

Maven JavaScript Plugin

Posted by Neil Chaudhuri <nc...@potomacfusion.com>.