Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Andrea Morgan <ho...@shaw.ca> on 2003/10/26 03:48:25 UTC

[users@httpd] apache, tomcat and UserDir's

I am running apache and tomcat.  I have configured apache so that all
generic domain requests (www.mydomain.com) are handled by tomcat--which
I want.
In doing this, my user directory requests (www.mydomain.com/~user1) are
now passed to tomcat as well--which I don't want.
I cannot figure out how to set up apache to send the default request to
tomcat but handle requests to user directories.

I have apache 2.0.47, tomcat 4.1.27 and using mod_jk.

Tomcat is configured in the server.xml to have context:
         <Context path="" docBase="home" debug="0"/>
and an index.jsp is what gets displayed in this webapp.

The apache httpd.conf file has:
         jkMount /* MainWebWorker
which triggers the tomcat worker to be called to handle all requests.

Is there something I can put before this line so apache will handle any
requests to www.mydomain.com/~* ?

Re: [users@httpd] apache, tomcat and UserDir's

Posted by A Morgan <ho...@shaw.ca>.
I actually have figured it out.
I thought I would post what I did.

In my httpd.conf file, I set my DirectoryIndex to include index.jsp in
the list.

I changed the jkMount to:
jkMount /*.jsp MainWebWorker

But then so apache will find and serve the other files in the default
tomcat
webapp, I made an Alias for each directory:
Alias /include /usr/local/jakarta.../webapps/home/include
Alias /images /usr/local/jakarts.../webapps/home/images
etc...

Now only the *.jsp files are passed to Tomcat so my userdir's are handled
by apache like normal.